Committed to Safety In All That We Do
TurbinePROs enforces a comprehensive safety program with hands-on training lead by local unions and in-house safety supervisors. Safety-certified employees head each job to ensure that the power industry's best safety practices are followed at all times.
A Customized Safety Program That Meets Your Core Safety Values
TurbinePROs field services ensures the following
- Rigorous Annual Safety Programs: [on-site, on-line]
- On-Site Safety Manager on ALL Jobs
- Hands-on training lead by local unions and in-house safety
- Site-Specific Safety Plan
- OSHA 10 Certified
- OSHA 30 Certified (supervisors)
- ISN Compliant
- Construction Safety Council Compliant
We Take Safety Seriously
The promotion of health and safety is a shared objective for TurbinePROs and its employees at all levels. To that aim, TurbinePROs has assessed the significant health, safety and environmental hazards from its business operations and has a comprehensive safety program with hands-on training lead by local unions and in-house safety supervisors. TurbinePROs has broad safety data collection system from our jobsite auditing, reporting and record keeping in order to continually identify trends in unsafe work practices. TurbinePROs has certified employees head each job to ensure that the power industry's best safety practices are followed at all times. Here are just a few of the administrative controls that we use regularly.
- The Daily Pre-Task Planning Work Sheet is utilized to identify work place hazards. This is a check list that identifies safety hazard on projects, and is carried by all TurbinePROs supervisors.
- Effective safety and health inspections are one of the most important incident/accident prevention tools in TurbinePROs occupational health and safety program.
- Lifting equipment must be of adequate strength for the proposed use. The assessment of this should recognize that there may be a combination of forces to which the lifting equipment, including the accessories, will be subjected.
We base our Quality Program on ISO 9001 and have developed several training programs as well as a Turbine Technical Manual. We continuously write, review, implement, and improve our Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and Written Procedures for each type of unit we service. TurbinePROs enforces a comprehensive safety program with hands-on training lead by local unions and in-house safety supervisors. Safety-certified employees head each job to ensure that the power industry's best safety practices are followed at all times.
TurbinePROs has developed stringent safety plans with operational checklists which we require compliance in all aspects on every project... No exceptions.
- Every project is reviewed by our Safety Professional and a site specific safety plan is developed
- All craft labour must have completed a minimum OSHA 10 coarse
- All project managers and craft labour supervisors have completed a minimum OSHA 30 coarse
- All personnel
- performing rigging are required to have a UBC rigging certification card
- working in a confined space area must have completed confined space training
- working on scaffolding must have a scaffold user coarse certificate
- are required to have taken and completed PPE training
- TurbinePROs offers on-going ‘Online Safety Training’ through (e-Learning course on TrainingToday.com) for all personnel
- Safety meeting prior to the start of EVERY shift, all employees must sign in and attend
- All personnel completes a ‘Safety Timeout Card’ identifying all hazards for their task and require employee to talk to their immediate supervisor for assistance or a different task, if the risk cannot be eliminated or managed
- Safety Manual is on EVERY site in our tool container and online
- All TurbinePROs’ personnel and subcontractors on turbine deck are required to wear safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, safety toe shoes, long sleeve high visibility shirts and/or long sleeved shirts with high visibility vest (company supplied)
- TurbinePROs performs pre-employment drug screening prior to the start of every project and post incident test in the event of an injury
Certifications and Memberships
- BROWZ Certified
- Energy Coalition for Contractor Safety (ECCS) Certified
- ISNetworld Certified
- MICCS Certified
- PICS Certified
- Member of the North Dakota Safety Council (NDSC)
- Registered with Work Safe B.C.
- Registered with Workers Safety Insurance Board of Ontario. (WSIB)
- Accident Investigation
- Advanced First Aid/CPR & AED
- Asbestos Awareness
- Behavior Based Safety (BBS)
- Conned Space Entry/Watch
- CSAO Forklift/Fork Truck Operation
- CSAO Hoisting and Rigging
- CSAO Master Citation for Injury Free Supervision
- Elevated Work Platforms/Scissorlifts/Skyjacks
- Fall Arrest/Working at Heights
- GE Gas Turbine/Steam Turbine Course – Las Vegas, NV USA
- H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide) Training
- Hytorque Hydraulic Wrench Operation/Handling
- Laser Alignment/Monitoring - Hyatt & Pruftechnik
- Observation Based Safety (OBS)
- Ontario SCIP Program
- Propane Usage & Handling
- RAD Gun Use and Handling
- Respirator Fit Tested (Half & Full Mask)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Safety Watch
- SCBA Trained